Wednesday, December 2, 2015

wanna read a fucking great poem?

read THIS fucking great poem

amy elizabeth bishop "Rush Hour: Lessons in Asserting" published over at H_NGM_N

it's really fucking great

how did i find it?

I was submitting some poems over the weekend very lackadaisically and basically, maybe because I'm finally getting laid again (or maybe because I have other issues), my poetry shabam has seemed to come back all of a sudden. I have had drive and time for it again. Hell, today I wrote a whole entire brand-new poem, and it's fucking great, and it's not even a love poem. It's about fucking childhood. I'm psyched about it. All I can say is it's called FLOORIGATORS and yes, why yes, I do feel really clever about that title, because Florida + alligators, amirite? amirite?) so today instead of working I thought I'd read some poems and check out some zines.

And yeah, I admit it, I clicked on amy elizabeth bishop not only because she's the first poet listed, but i was like "poet with name of elizabeth bishop...this is great...i'm sure that's why she includes her middle name, gotta have balls yo" and it's fucking AMAZING.

so eat it, guys. it's delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment