Sunday, April 19, 2015

LATE FOR AN UNEXPECTED PARTY

A very, very late quasi-pseudo-insufficient update.

THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN GOING ON IN POETRY WORLD WHILE I HAVE BEEN GONE:

  • TOMAS TRANSTROMER DIED, Nobel Prize Winner, 3/26/2015
  • I completely lost my Celan book (probably in a backpack somewhere, but I've checked both, so - which?) 
  • As predicted, brilliant young poet Danez Smith, who sometimes edits at Muzzle, got into grad school for his MFA - I believe he's going to Michigan (no I'm not creepy, I promise; he's on instagram & twitter) 
  • I did not - get into grad school, that is; life goes on
  • APRIL is National Poetry Writing Month, which people have mixed feelings about - everyone else, and me; if I see another post about how many poems you've written this month I'm going to leap through the screen and slay you with papercuts
  • I did release a miniature book which is over for sale at Etsy; I have sold something like nearly maybe even 20 copies! please - consider it!
  • read this brilliant poem about Kelly The Killer Kapowski - yes from the Saved By the Bell you grew up with, if you were me - over at a new issue of Radar poetry here
QUIXOTIC THINGS TO LEAVE YOU TO THINK WITH:

No comments:

Post a Comment