Saturday, September 24, 2016

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

I meant to post that I was trying to write every day in August and, in a related effort, was posting each of my daily prompts for the month over on Hubski at the request of a few others. I didn't end up writing every day (no real shocker) but definitely hit most. Probably about 2/3s of the month all told. I didn't learn anything deep about writing every day and I didn't unlock any hidden spring of inspiration, even a small one. That's okay though. The point is about habits.

Here is Post #1 which also indexes up to Prompt #18. I plan to update with all the links, but frankly it's boring formatting stuff, the kind of "housekeeping" item I love to put off because it's just finicky enough to be kind of mildly annoying.

I'll get to it.

In writing news, I am re-writing and adding to the WITCHS' collection to make it a more complete story and finesse what's there which needs updating/finessing/general editing. I'm also occasionally writing other one-off things about mundane platitudes and butterflies. Or something.

And fictional narrative poems that go solid 2 pages and make me wonder if they shouldn't be prose instead, except they are far too short and written in clear poetic style. At least, to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment