Friday, November 6, 2015

holy chit - a pushcart?!

Well, this is surprising indeed. It's pretty rare that I post here twice, and in a week none the less?

Kevin Rodriguez, the editor over at "Bop Dead City," which published two of my poems earlier this year (print format only - I'm in Issue 10, you can find a link to purchase on my "where to read me" page), emailed today to inform me he has nominated my poem "My Loneliness Keeps Me Company" for a Pushcart this year.

I'm very touched, slightly tearful, really encouraged to keep writing. I don't think either of us expect I'll win it, or anything, but it's a wonderful nod to receive.

I hope everyone can celebrate with me symbolically today, on a Friday of multiple firsts for me - I also ran 4.1 miles today with an average time of 11:22/mile, which is the best run I've had in a long, long, time, if not ever. It's certainly a recent PR.

I hope, for all the rest of you, that things are going just as well - if not better.

best,

ehb

No comments:

Post a Comment